Monday, March 14, 2011

Detox for the Box




Today marks my month long makeup no-buy. You may not know this, but I have been on major detox from my makeup buying addiction. If you have watched Missglamorazzi on YouTube, then you have probably seen her videos of her unwrapping her BirchBox. If not, I will explain. BirchBox is the best $10 a beauty lover will ever spend. It is a monthly subscription program. Each month, BirchBox sends you 4-5 deluxe beauty samples in an appropriately cute box. That was enough for me; $10 to satisfy my need to try something new? Sold. But the best part is the samples are from brands that are actually desirable. Among these are Korres, Benefit, Laura Mercier and Nars.

However, while looking at my growing piles of makeup and skincare last month, I couldn't justify my purchase just yet. So I made a deal with myself: a one month beauty no-buy (not including skincare as my skin is going crazy, but that's a different story) and a "Project 5 Pan" (using up five products in my collection) before I could place my order for lemming satisfaction. As of today, I have reached my goal!

Here is what I finished:

-Elnett Hairspray


-Mac Cleanse Off oil


-Trind Nail Strengthener


-Neutrogena Face Wipes


-Buxom Mascara

I realize that two of these products don't really fit into the category of skincare or makeup, but anything that cuts down on the products cluttering up my apartment works for me. I cannot wait to place my order; I will be sure to photograph it when it arrives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment