Thursday, February 24, 2011

Vegetables - Green Machine

I hate vegetables. As a child, the only vegetable I would eat was carrots; this meant that I had carrots every night in my mom's desperate attempt to add some "roughage" to my diet. As I've gotten older, my palette has expanded some. I will not be starting the raw food diet anytime soon, but my carb-loaded meals often feel incomplete without some greenery. This slight increase in vegetable consumption does not bring me anywhere close to the daily suggested amount. That is where the Naked Juice Green Machine comes in.



It is a horrible color. The first time I saw it, I could not believe anyone would want to buy it, much less consume it. The people at Naked Juice acknowledge this... less than appetizing appearance. The side of the bottle reads:



Somehow, this admission of an obvious truth convinced me to give it a try. And true to the confession on the bottle, it tastes great. It has a strong apple juice flavor, but the other fruit flavors come through as well. The thing that fascinated me the most was the list of ingredients.



Broccoli? Blue green algea? And what the hell is spirulina? Anything with all those ingredients, and that horrid color, should taste awful. Instead, it is actually a rather pleasant way to drink your vegetables. I am not saying that this should replace all greens; it takes the "rough" out of roughage, which is important too. But this is a great way to bridge the gap between daily suggested amount and actual consumption.

0 comments:

Post a Comment