Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Snap. Crackle. SHATTER.

I'm sure you have heard about the new OPI shatter nail polish. It is being promoted with the Katy Perry Collection and people have been reviewing it like crazy. I have been desperately waiting for the release of this nail polish, but it was sold out everywhere. Finally, I snatched up at bottle at Ricky's. The manager informed me that the display had been restocked 2 hours prior and that they usually sell out in 6 hours. 6 hours! Of course, I could not wait to try it. Here is my first attempt, shown over Sally Hansen's Pedal to the Metal.

My first attempt at a Shatter manicure

OPI Shatter Nail Polish

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Pedal to the Metal

I really love these nail polishes. They are very pigmented, the brush is big and easy to use and it dries quickly.


I love that each nail is unique. My best advice is go for a thin coat if you want a lot of small shattered pieces with less color showing through or a thick coat if you want bigger breaks and more "background" color. And work fast, the shatter effect happens quickly and there is no time for second coats. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment